BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM

The Writing Challenge Project

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Draft-Providing a computer laboratory

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rina142115

Final Draft-Providing a computer laboratory Empty
PostSubject: Final Draft-Providing a computer laboratory   Final Draft-Providing a computer laboratory EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:25 am

Living far away in a new place without our family members is challenging especially for those who had never been separated from their parents. However, we learn new things everyday. Thus, it helps us to be an independent person. After holding a title as a university student, she or he surely will seek for a safe shelter and the place is no where else, residential college. Slowly, our residential college has become our second home and it is common among the students who stay in campus. Certainly, we hope that our residential college can offer a good environment and provide sufficient facilities for us. Thus, in my opinion, providing a computer laboratory in College Tun Perak is essential for students.

Computer is synonym among the students nowadays. Furthermore, the importance of computer has been a widespread over the world. Students used computer frequently to accomplish their assignments. However, not all students can afford to have their own personal computer or laptop. For those who further their studies without a loan from PTPTN or scholarship from JPA for example, they might need some time to be able to buy a laptop. Clearly, if there is a computer laboratory, it will lessen the student’s burden. Beside, they do not have to borrow their friend’s laptop and it can avoid them from disturbing their friends.

In addition, a computer laboratory is necessary for surfing the internet. Students need to find more information for their assignments and coursework through the internet whether from Yahoo, Google or wikipedia website. Although they can find information from a book, journal and article in the library, they can add a value to their assignments if they manage to include interesting additional information. Sometimes there are certain lecturers that upload a notes or exercises in a virtual class. Thus, there is a dire need to access the internet in order to get the notes and exercises. I am quite sure that if College Tun Perak provides a free service for surfing the internet, students do not have to spend their money on computer centre in other place.

Moreover, I hope that a printing and photocopy services can be included in the computer laboratory. That is because not all students have their own printer. Students need to print out their assignments and sometimes photocopy a note from their lecturers and friends. Although there is a printing and photocopy services in our college’s kiosk, the machine sometime break down. Clearly, if a printing and photocopy services is available in the computer laboratory, the students will be more relief.

To sum up, a computer laboratory is the essential changes that should be adopted in College Tun Perak.
Back to top Go down

Final Draft-Providing a computer laboratory
Page 1 of 1