BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM

The Writing Challenge Project

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FINAL DRAFT - IMPROVING RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nurul146529

FINAL DRAFT - IMPROVING RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE Empty
PostSubject: FINAL DRAFT - IMPROVING RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE   FINAL DRAFT - IMPROVING RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:45 am

College is the most important place for student to stay for three or four years or maybe longer than that. So, college being second home for them, plays an important role to make sure that students feel comfortable doing their routine. Students should have the right to stay in college comfortably as they pay for college’s fees. The management department of the college in university should do their job well to make sure that the college is in good condition. From my experience of staying in college for two semesters, i think that the facilities and the infrastructures of the college should be upgraded. The performance is still unsatisfied and many things must be improved.

It is not a pretending statement to contribute a hot gossip but it comes with strong evidence. I’m not the only one who complaint about the poor facilities of my college, but i already hear the same things from my friends and seniors. We as a student are very unsatisfied with the condition of the college and we have the priority to project our voice on it. Recently, our college also has received quite a number of complaints from parents and other public parties due to the fact that our college's performance is falling dramatically each year which is shown by the diagram and the poor maintenance of our college's facilities. This has given a big impact to our college and eventually causes the annual enrollment of new students to fall.

The poor facilities that I meant are the space of the room is too narrow for four peoples. Our rooms are divided for two petitions. We cannot move here and there as we pleased because of the limitation of spaces in our room. Furthermore, our colleges too, have no pantry and TV(television) room for entertainment. We have to bring our own iron and do the irons job in our small room. We are totally having no entertainments as there are no televisions in our college. If we want to watch television, our only option is to watch it at cafeteria. Even if we are to watch it at cafeteria, we will have taken about 15 minutes to reach there. The toilets also are not well-maintained with the broken pipe and sink. Beside that, we do not have sufficient water cooler system. Another problem is the far destination between my room and the water cooler. By the time i reached there, my throat would already turn dry before i get to drink the water.

These problems have to be solved quickly before the situations worsen. My suggestions to overcome the problems are the responsible parties such as the department who manage the college should take actions to upgrade and improve the facilities in the college. For the toilet problem, they should ask the technicians to repair the damage part in the toilet as soon as possible so that student can use the toilet when needed. For the sake of future, the amount of students in a room should be reduced. It is better to place two students in a room so that they have their privacy to study and do their routine. The facilities should be added such as pantry and TV room. Moreover, the water cooler system also should be added so students are convenient to fill up their bottle anytime.

Another ways to improve our college is through continuous maintenance on the facility. Many colleges do not realize the significant of maintaining college facility due to the fact that they are obstruct by the pressures and tenses competition between colleges for high result in academic. They give more attention in academic courses to improve the knowledge of the students rather than giving more thought on the college's facility. As a result, facilities broke down when students are in need. To avoid this from happening, college's facility should be fixed once damaged or replaced once broken. For example, computers in computer lab should be fixed or serviced when it is broken. This allows students to access facilities prepared without any trouble. So, continuous maintenance plays important role here to avoid such problems to occur.

I would like to summarize that facility is significant in order to make our college a better place for students. It carries equal weight as academic. It is also the reason for the achievement of students. Facility, without it, students are like a bird flying without wings. Moreover, students should be given a better and comfortable place to stay as equivalent to the fees they pay to the college.
Back to top Go down

FINAL DRAFT - IMPROVING RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE
Page 1 of 1