BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM

The Writing Challenge Project

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FOR SURGEONS: NEVER SAY OOPS IN THE OPERATING ROOM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr M.Y. Chan

FOR SURGEONS: NEVER SAY OOPS IN THE OPERATING ROOM Empty
PostSubject: FOR SURGEONS: NEVER SAY OOPS IN THE OPERATING ROOM   FOR SURGEONS: NEVER SAY OOPS IN THE OPERATING ROOM EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:18 am

Hey guys. We are extremely sorry for the late post. Due to some unavoidable technical difficulties, only now we can share a little thing or two on this topic. We are supposed to choose one essay from all the essays given and finally we selected this one, FOR SURGEONS NEVER SAY OOPS IN THE OPERATING ROOM.I am expecting tons of comments and feedback from you guys.Enjoy!!

It is actually an English saying and according to my understanding it refers to the meaning of perfectness.We cant afford to bear a mistake no matter how small it is because it will somehow affect the entire plan. Maybe some of us have heard this, but I have to admit this is my first time of hearing this old adage. To get our mind clear on this interesting topic, maybe I should start with a story.

“Ok dancers!!Get to your position!”, shouted Jessie, our 45 year old,plumpy lady with red cheek blusher all over her cheek trainer looking straight at the bunch of the dancers at the hall..“We don’t have much time to practice.Lets do this once and for all.Who is absent?” asked Jessie, with her rounded eyes looking at us from one to another. We just looked back at each other showing our innocent faces.“Haven’t I told every one of you to come here on time?The competition is on this Sunday.I just cannot understand why are you behaving like this? Can’t you be more responsible towards your own college?Who is not here?”, shouted Jessie again,louder this time. Slowly, I raised my shaky hands. “ Lana”,I said. “Lana is not here”. Well,I knew somehow that I have to came forward and told her the truth because everyone knows that Lana and I were roommates so before Jessie started pointing fingers on me, I should tell her what had really happened. I told Jessie that Lana is actually upstairs doing nothing but lying on her bed relaxing.
Lana who came from far suddenly came forward them and got in line with the dancers. “Why don’t you practicing your steps? Hey guys you know that we don’t have time.We really want to win this right?We don’t want to lose again right”, said Lana snobbishly without realizing that everyone in the hall is watching her and we were really annoyed because she was acting like our choreographer . “ What happened?”, asked Lana suspiciously looking at Jessie. And Jessie replied, “ Why are you late for the training Lana?Where were you just now?”. “What?I came all the way down here from my room just to listen to this stupid crap.I cant believe this.At least I came down here.And you know what,supposedly I don’t have to got down here you know.I am a professional dancer and for your information Jessie I have won so many awards in and out the country. Even if I don’t come I wont do any mistakes.You don’t have to worry,” argue Lana.

The very next day, everyone was trying their best practicing their new step . Jessie had given each one of them a new formation which was more creative and more beautiful. The big day was just tomorrow during that time and everyone was giving their 100% effort.Everyone was there but not Lana.As usual,she just laid back on her bed in her room listening to music.Only me as her ‘beloved’ roommate knew the real story. As I walked into my bed that night, after long hour of practicing, Lana suddenly bombed me with her statement. “Take a nice sleep roommate, Im sure you must have been tired. But remember, practice all day long wouldn’t make a difference to a so called dancer like you unless if you have my beautiful body.Plus I am a natural dancer.I don’t need much practice darling. I can assure you that The Best Dancer tomorrow must have been mine.Night!!”, Lana said sarcastically. I heard everything she said without having the effort to speak because I was clueless by her statement.She seemed so confident yet so annoying.How I wish I could just strangle her to death at that time. But I was so tired I couldn’t think of anything else than sleep.

The big day has arrived. Everyone started to fill in the seats. Finally, after waited for about an one hour, our turn has come to shine on the stage. Before our turn started, Jessie managed to give us a few last tips. “I believe in you guys. Just do what I have practice you and good luck”, said Jessie hugging to each one of us. Lana who just stand there smiled sarcastically and she said something slowly but I was pretty sure everyone standing there managed to hear she said, “ Pray hard girls because Im sure gonna win this.” Finally, the announcer called upon our name and each one of us did our best on the stage. And suddenly, I heard people booing us and its getting louder and louder. I looked at my left and I saw Lana was trying hard to follow our step.And I have to admit it looked really awkward trying to catch up those steps. I looked at Lana and I saw her tears fell down her cheek.She did not know that Jessie had changed every steps and she gave us a new formation to make it more energetic and interesting as we knew the fact that this time around, the competition is quite tough. After that incident, Lana has now become a passive dancer. She still cannot get over with what happened. Since that day, every night she will be the first one to come down for training and now she has learnt to respect everyone especially me, her own roommate.
Back to top Go down

FOR SURGEONS: NEVER SAY OOPS IN THE OPERATING ROOM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM :: FINAL DRAFTS - THE CHALLENGE :: TOPIC 2-
Jump to: