BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM

The Writing Challenge Project

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

final draft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
syana

syana

final draft Empty
PostSubject: final draft   final draft EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 am

Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment

"Always grab the opportunity when it knocks your door for it might not happen twice". My teacher once told me back in high school. That was a decade ago and at that point of time, I wasn’t able to clearly see what she really meant by that. As for me, it was just another advice from a teacher to her students.

As I grew older, I gradually get the ideas of what she said. When I missed my only chance to enter the boarding school after UPSR, I realized that my opportunity has gone. Consequently, I managed to place myself into a local school nearby. It might not be as excellent as the boarding school, yet I had a good time there.

I made friends with lots of new people and this changed my perception; I used to think that it was hard to make new friends especially when everything is new. I was totally wrong about that, being with my friends made my life filled with laughter and good times. And as a teenager, no problems seemed to bother me at that time. No matter how difficult the homework or the tasks given by the teachers, I managed to get them done perfectly with the help of my friends. Therefore, my school became the place that I always wanted to be after home.

There were six of us and we were really close to each other. This could be for the reason that we had the same interest. We were into the same TV shows, big fans of the same boy band and plenty more things in common that toughen our friendship. I could still recall an incident whereby six of us had skipped the extra class in the evening because we wanted to watch the finale episode of a Malay drama on TV. We never planned it so the very next day, we figured out that none of us had actually attended the extra class. We couldn’t stop laughing at such a coincidence.

The three years period we are together is the most treasure moment in my life. After the PMR examination, we went on separate ways. I know it was hard to let them go. They had become the part of my life. Some of us went to the MARA Junior College and some had move to another state. And me; I was still at the same school. My application for the boarding school had been rejected. Once again!

Then, I am starting the form four, making new friends. I know there is no way that I could get into boarding school. The new school session has begun and that mean the intake for boarding school had been closed. I know my feeling at that time. I was sad deep inside my heart. It was not that I am not happy with the school or my new friends, but to be at the boarding school is always my dream.

It was in the middle of the new semester and I slowly forget about entering the boarding school. It is impossible that any boarding school would accept students in the middle of the semester. But one fine day after coming back from school, I got a call from the principal of a boarding school. He offered me to enter the school to fulfill the empty seats left by students who was kicked from the school. I thought I was dream. At last, I got the opportunity to enter the boarding school.

Well, I guess my teacher forgot to advice that opportunity does always knocks at the least opportune moment.
Back to top Go down

final draft
Page 1 of 1