BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM

The Writing Challenge Project

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A story of a girl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hada146763

A story of a girl Empty
PostSubject: A story of a girl   A story of a girl EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 am

Do you mind if someone takes your stuffs away without asking your permission? Do you care if someone uses your belongings as if they belong to him or her too? What would you do when someone gets angry with you without any concrete reason? What would you feel? They do happen in our daily life. Seriously, I am not making any jokes right now. It is fatally true. Maybe you guys still do not understand what am I trying to tell but I am sure after finish reading this you might realize how hard is it to be one of the most unlucky person on earth. This is an unluckiest story that happens to one of the unluckiest person on earth.

It was my first day of my university life after having a break for about two months. And that was about to change. Well, I was so eager to start a new life here- doing my bachelor’s degree with new friends in a new environment. This would be my stepping stones out of stumbling blocks in order to pursue my dream; for, opportunities could be knocking at our door just once and sometimes we might not be able to hear it. But it was about to become the worst nightmare ever when I first stepped my feet into my room after completing my registration process. For me, she was the stumbling stone who is interfering into my just- normal life.

“Hey, Sammy. Can I use your shower gel? I forgot to buy one before getting here.”

“Oh, OK.” I replied honestly.

I was unpacking my belongings when one of my new roommate, Daniela who had arrived earlier than me wanted to borrow my shower gel. I do not mind people borrowing my stuff as long as they ask me first. Hm..Shower gel? Isn’t it a must to buy one before getting into a hostel? What are you going to use when bathing? But I just keep it to myself and maybe she really forgot to buy it and will buy it the next day. However, the worst thing was she kept using my shower gel from the day afterwards! She is driving me mad but I do not think it is going to end up easily. I am not a stingy kind of girl but sometimes there is certain things that we need to consider with. However, I just could not say ‘No’ every time she took things for granted. Maybe that was my weakness and she really enjoyed doing it. Again, I am the unluckiest person on earth.

“I’m so sorry...,” said Daniela heartlessly after she spilled her drinks on one of my roommates’ favourite shirt.

“I don’t care! From now on, don’t you ever step in my area!!!!”

Suddenly, she drew back, startled. I did not expect my roommate would shout madly at her. Daniela looked defeated, quite unlike her normal self. I could not believe it! I am just an ordinary, unluckiest person on earth. My roommates scolded me for being too soft hearted but I just do not know what to do. Daniela also has a peculiar habit of slamming the door after getting in and out of the room. That annoyed us a lot but when we told her not to do so, she just gave us her usual, stony face as if nothing was wrong with it. Now that annoyed us even more. I did not know what was wrong with her. She was so mental. I bet she was suffering from mental disorder. That scared me a lot and I just could not imagine how I am going to spend my entire semester with her.

It was the busiest day of all weeks where I had my classes from morning till night. I went back to my room gasping for a nice, long sleep. The air was quite cold and I guess it was because of the rain which was pouring down all day long. Plus, my room which is located on the first level is always filled with cool breeze coming from nowhere. I was shaking dreadfully as if someone had stuck a few air conditioners in our room. In fact, I have asthma and cannot stand an extreme coldness. I was so exhausted and was ready to sleep after adjusting the fan’s speed indicator but when Daniela came to the room, she rapidly increase the fan speed to the highest level.

“Oh my God, Don’t you feel cold, Daniela?” I asked her instantly.

“No, I’m hot right now. Could you please stop bugging me with question? I’m not in the mood now.”

I was dumbfounded and was thinking of a word to reply but I was extremely exhausted and my mind could not work well at that time. She knew I have asthma as I have mentioned it long ago when we first became roommate but she was being very selfish without even thinking about my poor condition. My eyes felt so heavy and I hastily placed my head nicely on my cushy, delicate pillow for a nice sleep. I did not want to think about what had happened just now and just let her won the game. However, no sooner had I slept than I was awakening by the sound of thumping and whacking that pricked up my ears. Thump! Thump! Thump! The sounds were getting louder and louder and it irritated me a lot. I opened my eyes and was shocking to death to see Daniela was hitting the wall next to her with her bare hands. I could see blood dripped down her fingers. Oh God, please help me! Please take me out of here! I do not want to be her next victim!

I felt tremendously frightened as I knew she was capable to do so. Her psychotic mind can end up killing someone without she even realize. I used to read an article in a magazine about a severe mental sickness called Schizophrenia where a person who is suffering from this mental disorder tends to do something beyond his or her limit. I really, really did not know what to do at that time as my other two roommates were away from here. With practically nothing to do, I pretended to sleep so that she would not do any harm to me because as far as I knew interrupting the person who seems to suffer from Schizophrenia is like digging our own grave. It was so hard to sleep when lots of bad thoughts were swirling around my head. The next morning, I woke up with alarming feelings and was wondering when I managed to sleep last night.

“Daniela, what’s wrong with you last night?”

I still have sympathy for her even though she treated me like hell.

“Huh? Last night? Oh… I had a fight with my boyfriend.”

She answered it naively as if nothing had happened last night. Her mystifying actions bamboozled me a lot but I asked her no more. I wondered if she really has a boyfriend. Who is that unlucky guy? When I told this story to my friends and roommates, they tumbled around the floor, laughing hysterically. If Daniela heard what my friends and roommates said about her, they would be slaughtered into death! Actually, deep inside my tiny heart, I genuinely wanted to help her. I wanted to change her to be better person. I knew I was not that good either but lots of people have started to hate her from days to days. I heard this from my friends and roommates. They said people were starting to dislike her because of her greed for power. She wanted to hold plenty of positions in any organization that she joined but when she was given the position, she did not do the job well and that made people mad at her.

Again like I said, she is made of stone- no feeling and emotions. I wished one day she would open her eyes widely and realize that world is made up of happiness and joy that she need to experience. She has to realize that life would be far more difficult if she keeps acting the same thing and the saddest part is I would end up being the unluckiest person on earth forever.

“if you are willing to accept failure and learn from it, if you are willing to consider failure as a blessing in disguise and bounce back, you have got the essential of harnessing one of the most powerful success forces” (Joseph Sugarman)

“Life is not that easy but life must go on” (me..myself & i)

Written by:

Bai146742
Hada146763
P/s: Thank you for reading the final draft!
Back to top Go down

A story of a girl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM :: FINAL DRAFTS - THE CHALLENGE :: TOPIC 4-
Jump to: