BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM

The Writing Challenge Project

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

“Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment” - 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nurul146762

“Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment” - 1 Empty
PostSubject: “Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment” - 1   “Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment” - 1 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:53 am

“Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment”( final)

As I walk along the road, I saw teens were hanging out and chatting among them, I remembered about myself when I was at their age. I was a happy go lucky girl in my teenage time. I did every single thing I want and my family usually agree with my decision. Sometimes, I felt that I was independent person and I rarely ask for other people’s opinion in order to make a decision. After finished my SPM, I told my parent that I want to do a part time job, my parent allowed me but they told me that they would like to have their daughter to further her study. I promised to them to quit job after I get my result. However, I broke my promised because I felt more happy working and I argued with my parent to not further study even though my SPM result was great. I thought I can’t earn money and I have to stick with books all the time if I further my study. Unfortunately, that decision I made was the most stupid decision in my life.
I have been offered in business management. I was interested in the course but I was not interested enough to enter the university because I hate to be around with books and rules like children at school. Furthermore, I felt comfortable with my job and I thought I would not have the best time as a worker if I quit my job and further study. Besides that, I will no longer get salary and I have to rely on my parents whom are very strict in financial management. So, I decided that to be a full time clerk rather than to be stick with my parents. Three years working, I can afford to have my own car and I felt very happy and I convinced that my past decision was the best decision that I ever made in my life. However, things changed after a few new workers enter in the company and what surprised me was they were same age with me and they hold a great position and the worse thing was they were my superior and they get more than me even though I worked longer than them. This happened because they holding a degree meanwhile I just a clerk who only had SPM certificate. I was regretted and felt very sad because I did a big mistake in my life. I start to think and realized that my decision was not smart enough because I did not try to improve myself in life. I can be a better person, but I din not allowed myself to be better.
Sometimes, I feel much regretted and tried to be someone else, someone that I want to be. “Myself” was the opposite of who I wanted to be; myself now was who had gotten me into whatever trouble I was in. As I’m alone I felt, I knew that I wasn’t the first person in the history of the world with problem like mine. So that I keep persuade myself not to regret it and always show my grateful to HIM. I really hope that one day; I will get my second chance to be the person as my teenage dream, a dream to be a better person.
I had say all to my teenage self, if I could go back to the pass, I will grab the opportunity that will help me for the better life. But I know and I believed it would not be happen again for the second time. This remind of one adages “Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment”. Because of that, we as humankind must show our appreciation with all the opportunities that were given to us.
Back to top Go down

“Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment” - 1
Page 1 of 1