BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM

The Writing Challenge Project

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BABY'S DAY OUT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ADILA 146599

BABY'S DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: BABY'S DAY OUT   BABY'S DAY OUT EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:05 am

As my mother pushes my pinkie-blue stroller with me inside it, I could feel the soft windy breeze touching my gentle skin. I look up into the pale blue sky, the birds singing a soothing song, colourful flowers expel such a pleasant aroma. What a lovely day today. Then I see a pair of vivid creatures flying back and forth beside me. I am sure that they want to be friend with me. My eyes can’t stop from looking at my “new friends” as they perch on my hand.

“Look dear, these butterflies love you!” mom said.

“Butter-flies? How on earth butter at a kitchen flies?” I mumbled.

I became stoned watching them flying. My little brain keeps thinking why I can’t fly like them. Maybe, I should ask my mother to buy me a pair of colourful wings like those butterflies. So, I could fly freely in the air.

“Mom, why can’t we fly?” I asked my mom sadly.

“Are you hungry honey?” mom replied.

“No mom, I’m not hungry. I want to fly”. I began to felt frustrated when mom gave me milk because now I know that she does not understand what I really want. I cry harder.

“Oh honey, don’t cry.” Mom starts to console me.

Suddenly I hear a voice, “Hello girls, looking pretty as always”

I know that voice, it’s our neighbor; Uncle Sam. I saw water dripping from his hair and his face was wet.

“Are you crying Uncle Sam?” I asked him.

He kisses my cheek and holds my hands without answering my question. Once again, there you go; it’s a baby talk so no one seems to understand me tough. But if he is crying, why his tears came from his hair and my tears come out from my eyes? It’s weird.

Then I heard my mom said, “Going for a jog Mr. Sam? You are sweating like crazy!”

My little brain started to think again. What is the different between sweat and tears? Can I say that by crying we produce water from our eyes and when we jog we produce water from our hair? I don’t know. Should I watch Discovery Channel after this rather than clapping my hands watching Disney? I don’t think so, I cannot live without watching Disney Channel. Hence, I will wait until I get into school so I can learn science.

My day became “dark” when I heard a big and black dog barking. It seems like it ready to bite me even it was far away from me. I felt so frightened and started to cry again. My mom took me out from my stroller and hugs me tightly.
“It is ok dear, the dog won’t bite you”. Mom said.

Somehow, my mother knows that I am afraid of the dog but here come a big question mark in my head. Why she doesn’t understand me when I told her that I want to fly and why Uncle Sam doesn’t answer me when I asked him why is he crying? Maybe it is the nature of being an adult. I’m not sure…
Back to top Go down

BABY'S DAY OUT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BBI3421 STUDENTS' WRITING FORUM :: FINAL DRAFTS - THE CHALLENGE :: TOPIC 1-
Jump to: